is seeking MTs with 4+ years' hospital transcription experience for
acute care accounts. Part-time and full-time positions are
available. Subcontractors only--excellent compensation!
MTs must have:
- Lanier VoiceWrite EX transcription station
- Two POTS (plain old telephone service) phone lines (toll-free numbers
- Meditech experience (please specify versions and number of years'
MTs use regular phone lines (DSL/ADSL lines are incompatible), dial in
to hospital's Lanier for dictation, and dial in on the second line to
transcribe within Meditech (DOS-based data-entry software).
Meditech experience is strongly advised, but others with outstanding
test results and skills will be considered.
U.S. MTs only.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in more
information, please send your resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements for PMSI Transcriptionists:
Client-Specific software and hardware may
include one or more of the following:
(mandatory in bold)
- MS Word
2000 or above, and/or WordPerfect 8.0 (depending on client
- Stedman’s Electronic Medical Spellchecker
- Reliable e-mail and dependable ISP (absolutely not AOL
– no exceptions. AOL users must provide backup ISP). MTs must check e-mail frequently and be easily
reached for questions, work assignments, etc.
- MediTech software
- Broadband Internet connection
- FTP program and familiarity with file transfers via FTP
- Fax (with automated send and receive capability)
- eFax account and software (free
- .wav player (Bytescribe
- WinScribe pedal
- Minimum of P-166 processor, 64 MB RAM, Windows 98 SE or above,
open USB port, sound card)
MTs must possess these skills:
English language skills - spelling, sentence structure, grammar, and
MTs are expected to apply their knowledge
and skills to polish the finished product if necessary, without
changing the content.
Well-versed in medical terminology - spelling and meaning
Pharmacology - Including willingness/ability to
check dosages to assist dictators and ensure accurate reports
Research skills - Use of references and Internet searches
for addresses, new drug/procedure names, etc.
Working knowledge of specified word processing programs –
Multiple clients, many formats/procedures – MTs must be flexible
and able to format documents correctly
Experience in multiple specialties – ENT,
orthopedic, psychiatric, and substance abuse transcription beneficial.
MTs must possess these characteristics:
Ability to produce documents that are ready to print – accurate
AND appropriately formatted
- Willingness to accept PMSI guidelines, editing, and constructive
- Reliability, returning completed reports within turnaround, with
advance notice given for down-time or delays
- Willingness to cover some weekend shifts and holidays (with
compensatory rate of pay)
rate of compensation is normally per 65-character line or per report,
depending on client preference and type of account. Our rates
rank among the highest industry-wide. MTs are independent
Prospective MTs will be required to take a written
test, as well as transcribe a dictation file. Candidates
must be experienced and independent workers.
Medical Services, Inc.
| Voice - 931.565.3122
|P.O. Box 638
||Fax - 775.305.8287
|Cullman, AL 35056